Maghull: 0151 440 2 440 Corby: 01536 666 666

Public Liability

Slips, trips and falls can be life changing. If you have been involved in an accident caused by somebody else’s negligence you may be entitled to claim compensation…


If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer an accident in a public place we recommend the first steps to take are to obtain photographs of the site of the accident and any defect visible. You should also obtain details of any witnesses to the accident. It is important to report the accident to a person responsible for the area wherein the accident has occurred, seek medical attention and also obtain any CCTV footage which may be available.

You should know

If you have sustained an injury caused on premises such as a shop or slipped or tripped on an uneven surface you may be entitled to compensation as all space available to the public should meet certain safety standards. These standards must be complied with. Public spaces could be stairs, steps, pavements, road, restaurants, shops, libraries, leisure centres and all other public buildings.

It may be the case that you have slipped on ice that had not been gritted on steps leading into a shop. Spillages on a supermarket floor which have not been cleaned up are also issues. Potholes that have not been filled in on public roads or pavements, or dangerous objects protruding out of holes of buildings can all be hazardous.

Work with us!


All our client’s cases are dealt with individually by our professional team of highly experienced lawyers with a passion in achieving the maximum level of compensation for all of our clients.


We are able to deal with matters from personal injuries, rehabilitation treatment, time off from work resulting in lost earnings and other past and future losses.


For free advice or to start your claim now call ABS Lawyers on 0151 440 2440.

You have 3 years:

You have a period of 3 years from the date of an accident to bring a claim and anybody under the age of 18 years old will have a period of 3 years from their 18th Birthday (taking them to their 21st Birthday) to pursue a claim. After this limitation period you would become statute barred and prevented from making a claim.

Contact Us About Your Case